Discussion: View Thread

2022 Careers Division Best Published Paper Award Follow-up

• 1.  2022 Careers Division Best Published Paper Award Follow-up

Posted 09-12-2022 19:30
    Hi everyone,

Hope you enjoyed the weekend!

In line with my other recent messages, for those of you who weren't able to be there for our live AOM Careers Division Awards Ceremony, this message is a way for you to find out about the winners.

Best Published Paper Award

We received eleven paper nominations for this award for careers papers physically published in 2021. Then, a committee of four careers division scholars, Yehuda Baruch (chair), Matthew Bidwell, Ariane Ollier Malaterre, and Julia Richardson, read, evaluated and discussed these papers based on a predefined set of criteria including, among others: advancing novel ideals and making a strong contribution; using innovative data, methods and/or analyses; and, inspiring future research in the careers field.

After much discussion, the winning paper the committee chose was:

Seibert, S. E., Nielsen, J. D., & Kraimer, M. L. (2021). Awakening the entrepreneur within: Entrepreneurial identity aspiration and the role of displacing work events. Journal of Applied Psychology, 106(8), 1224-1238.

The second place finalist paper the committee chose was:

Briscoe, J. P., Kaše, R., Dries, N., Dysvik, A., Unite, J. A., Adeleye, I., ... & Zikic, J. (2021). Here, there, & everywhere: Development and validation of a cross-culturally representative measure of subjective career success. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 130, 103612.

Thanks again to the committee and accolades to this year's Careers Division Best Published Paper Award Winner and Careers Division Best Published Paper Award Finalist lead authors, who receive plaques, and, of course, congratulations to the authors of the other nominated papers as well.

Please join me again in congratulating those receiving awards. Feel free to add your comments below and I encourage you to seek out these papers if you haven't read them already.  Also, in the weeks ahead, please be on the lookout for interviews with award winners. 

When the time comes, we look forward to your self and other nominated papers for the next Careers Best Published Paper Award (physically in press in 2022) as well!

All the best,

Rick

------------------------------
    Richard Cotton
    Associate Professor
    University of Victoria
    Victoria BC
    (250) 721-8052
    ------------------------------