Are you a doctoral student whose research interests focus on or have implications for careers? If yes, then we encourage you to attend the CAREER Division Doctoral Student Consortium. This PDW will occur Saturday 8:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m. (Seattle time), August 6, in a hybrid format--live in Seattle and virtually for those who will not attend in person.
The Career Doctoral Consortium will provide valuable insights for students at all stages of their PhD programs, such as:
- Finding Your First Academic Job
- Surviving: Accessing and Leveraging Formal and Informal Resources During Your PhD Program
- Thriving: Recruiting Mentors and Collaborators for Your Professional Network
- Make it Happen: Effectively Navigating the Dissertation Process
- Head of the Class: Preparing to Teach Your First Course
- Balancing Act: How to Juggle the Life's Demands During Your PhD Program
- Need Field Data? Find Out How to Get It.
- Common Ethical Challenges in the Academy of Management and How to Deal with Them
Whether attending face-to-face or virtually, this PDW also provides an excellent opportunity to develop relationships with scholars and other students with interests in the careers space.
How to Register. You must register for both the Academy of Management Conference and this particular professional development workshop (PDW). If you plan to attend please email your name, school, how many years of your program have you completed, CV, and if you plan to attend in person or virtually. Please send these details to Prof. Mel Fugate (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Wednesday, June 15. Participants are capped at 45-register now!
We hope to see you in Seattle (either face-to-face or virtually)!
Career Doctoral Consortium Committee
Prof. Mel Fugate
Prof. Beatrice Van der Heijden
Prof. Alex Newman
Serge Da Motta Veiga
EDHEC Business School