Discussion: View Thread

2022 Careers Division Mid-Career Award Follow-up

• 1.  2022 Careers Division Mid-Career Award Follow-up

Posted 09-14-2022 16:24

Greetings,

Hope your week is going well!

In line with my other recent messages, for those of you who couldn't be there for our live AOM Careers Division Awards Ceremony, this message is a way for you to find out about the winners.

Mid-Career Award

We received several nominations for this award open to scholars up to 12 years post-PhD (degree 2010 or later). Then, a committee of three Careers Division scholars, Daniel Spurk (chair), Shoshana Dobrow, and Peter Heslin, read, evaluated and discussed the nomination letters, CVs, Google Scholar profiles and descriptions of nominees' most important achievements.

After much deliberation, the winner of the award that the committee chose was:

Alex Newman, Deakin University (Australia)

The second place finalist the committee chose was:

Kristen Shockley, University of Georgia (USA)

Both Alex and Kristen have made powerful and inspiring career contributions in many different ways and they clearly have bright futures of them! 

Thanks so much to the committee and big congrats to this year's Careers Division Mid-Career Award Winner and Careers Division Mid-Career Award Finalist, who receive plaques, and, of course, congratulations to the other nominees as well.

Please join me again in acknowledging Alex and Kristen. Feel free to add your comments below and I encourage you to find out more about the contributions of both.  Also, in the weeks ahead, please be on the lookout for interviews with award winners. 

When the time comes, we look forward to your other-nominations (i.e., not self-nominations) for the next Careers Division Mid-Career Award (post-PhD. 2011 or later)!

All the best,

Rick

------------------------------
    Richard Cotton
    Associate Professor
    University of Victoria
    Victoria BC
    (250) 721-8052
    ------------------------------